Book: University of the World: A Case for a World University System
In this book, Dieter Lenzen analyzes the world's three major educational systems: the Continental-European, the Atlantic (Anglo-American) and the East Asian. Distancing himself from the current trend towards the economically driven Anglo-American system of education, the author proposes an alternative model, "a university of the world".
· Three concepts of the university in the globalization process
· The dynamics of global social systems
· Global challenges in the post-secondary educational sector as springboard for comparing systems
· Convergence and divergence: current system dynamics in the post-secondary sector
· Can there be fair chances in a world university system?
· Theorists of higher education
· Policy makers of higher education
· Administrators of higher education
· Social scientists
Professor Dr. Dieter Lenzen is the president of Universität Hamburg, vice president of the German Rectors' Conference (HRK) in Germany and the German universities' spokesperson for the HRK.
Free Download Link 1 (To Get Unlimited Faster Download? Click Here)