Book: Visual Basic 2010 for Students
Publisher: Pearson Education
This book is an ideal introduction to programming in Visual Basic for students with no prior programming experience and is excellent for taught courses or as an aid to self-study.
· A spiral approach to teaching object-oriented programming introduces new ideas carefully one-at-a-time, rather than all at once. Simple ideas are introduced early, and then incorporated in a more sophisticated context later on.
· The book contains coverage of graphics from the start to motivate students, plus early coverage of object-oriented concepts in line with current teaching practice.
· Topics are explained using a wide variety of applications as examples, such as information systems, games and scientific calculations.
· UML diagrams are used throughout the text.
· End-of-chapter pedagogy includes self-test questions, exercises, ‘programming principles’ and ‘programming pitfalls.
· The companion website contains the code of all the programs in the book