Book: Handbook of Multisensor Data Fusion: Theory and Practice, Second Edition (Electrical Engineering and Applied Signal Processing)
Publisher: CRC Press
In the years since the bestselling first edition, fusion research and applications have adapted to service-oriented architectures and pushed the boundaries of situational modeling in human behavior, expanding into fields such as chemical and biological sensing, crisis management, and intelligent buildings.
Handbook of Multisensor Data Fusion: Theory and Practice, Second Edition represents the most current concepts and theory as information fusion expands into the realm of network-centric architectures. It reflects new developments in distributed and detection fusion, situation and impact awareness in complex applications, and human cognitive concepts. With contributions from the world’s leading fusion experts, this second edition expands to 31 chapters covering the fundamental theory and cutting-edge developments that are driving this field.
New to the Second Edition—
· Applications in electromagnetic systems and chemical and biological sensors
· Army command and combat identification techniques
· Techniques for automated reasoning
· Advances in Kalman filtering
· Fusion in a network centric environment
· Service-oriented architecture concepts
· Intelligent agents for improved decision making
· Commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) software tools
From basic information to state-of-the-art theories, this second edition continues to be a unique, comprehensive, and up-to-date resource for data fusion systems designers. About the Author
Mitre Corporation, Mc Lean, Virginia, USA Pennsylvania State University, State College, USA, State University of New York, Buffalo, USA